At Spectrum Machine and Design, we offer CNC machining using the latest technology in machine tools, NC programming software and cutting tools. We have successfully manufactured components that others could not. We are innovative and creative in our approach to a project and we continually seek to improve processes and methods. We have production jobs that we have been producing for many years and we are still revising the process due to advancements in cutting tool technology, machine tool technology and efficiency improvements.
We’re Up for the Challenge
We have manufactured many different components used in aircraft engines, ground based turbines and ballistic missiles as well as firearm components. Some of the products we have manufactured are as follows:
- Turbine Blades and Vanes
- Engine Bearing Seals
- Engine Retaining Rings
- Aircraft Gear Box Components
We have the equipment coupled with skilled team members to produce precise components utilizing the following processes:
- CNC Turning to 31″ diameter
- CNC Milling (3 axes) to 24″ x 24″ x 70″
- CNC Milling (5 axes) to 39″ diameter
- WEDM to 15″ x 22″ x 12″
- Sawing to 17″ square or round
We have also worked with a wide array of materials including:
- Steel alloys – Milling and turning of tool steels and other alloys to 70Rc.
- Nickel Alloys – Inconels, Renes, Nimonic and many others.
- Titanium – Various Ti alloys.
- Stainless Steels – Precipitation Hardening, Martensitic, Austinetic
From quotation to finished product.
We can work from legacy paper drawings or solid models in many different formats. Our native formats are:
- NX (Unigraphics)
- Solid Edge
Generic formats are accepted in Parasolid, IGES, STEP and many others.
Components can be manufactured, packaged and released on a Kanban schedule as needed. Learn more about our capabilities and our commitment to excellence by completing an RFQ or contacting us toll free at 855-386-9600 to schedule a visit to our facility.